Pack to Light
AL Systems DynaPack – Pack to Light solution has become the clear choice of companies distributing merchandise to retail stores. When used for flow through processing, DynaPack also provides a Cross Docking option for full case distributions.
In a typical DynaPack – Pack to Light operation, each outbound store location contains a Light Display Module comprised of a digital display, to indicate the number of units to be packed or put, and push buttons for confirmations and exception handling. As cases of merchandise are introduced into the pack aisles, an operator scans the inbound case and the Light Display Modules illuminate with the required quantity at the corresponding store locations.
The printed distribution ticket is the root cause of low productivity and inaccuracies associated with manual systems. By replacing paper with Light Display Modules, DynaPack – Pack to Light eliminates all of the costs and low productivity associated with printing, sorting, distribution, marking and manual exception handling, thus dramatically improving productivity and accuracy for a rapid return on investment.
Additional features and benefits of AL Systems DynaPack - Pack to Light include:
- Controls distribution release and progression or supports true fluid processing
- Optimizes inventory control – immediate invoicing and automatic calls for replenishment
- Accurate outbound carton content reporting
- Distribution activity monitoring
- Real-time exception handling, order tracking, verification and status updates
- Real-time Productivity Management and Reporting
- Bi-directional communications with WMS and/or ERP systems
- Built-in order checking, status confirmation, maintenance and diagnostics
- Load Balancing – ability to map operators to a zone based on current workload and individual productivity and accuracy data
- Accommodates multiple operators in a zone without compromising individual operator productivity and accuracy tracking
"Almost immediately we were able to double our packing productivity. Under the old paper environment, we were packing between 400-500 units a man hour. With the Pack to Light system, we are north of 1,200 units a man hour. Accuracies have improved significantly as well"
— Executive Director of Logistics, Urban Outfitters
Phone: 1-800-548-3745 x1